100g mange tout
3 cloves of garlic
1-inch piece of ginger
8 tablespoons (2 fl oz) white wine
8 tablespoons (2 fl oz) vegetable stock
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 teaspoons of cornflour mixed with 4 teaspoons of cold water
400g fresh noodles
- Cut the peppers into strips (not too thin) and remove any seeds and white flesh.
- Peel and chop the garlic and ginger.
- Mix the wine, stock and soy sauce in a small pan, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes until the alcohol has evaporated.
- Add the diluted cornflour and stir well until the sauce has thickened.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok until it starts to smoke, add the garlic and ginger, fry for a few seconds, then add the peppers and mange tout.
- Stir-fry for another couple of minutes, making sure that the vegetablese are still crunchy.
- Add the fresh noodles to the wok and continue stir-frying until the noodles are hot.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetable and noodle mixture, and serve.