This is a simple curry, mild enough for kids to eat and easy enough for them to cook.
1 kg of chicken breast or thigh meat, cut into large chunks
250g onion, finely chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
2 tbsps mild curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tin of coconut milk
- In plenty of vegetable oil, gently fry the chopped onion until it is almost done.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and fry for another minute.
- Add the curry powder and salt, fry for another 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken, stir well so that is coated in the onion and spice mixture, and fry for about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, bring to a boil, reduce heat to minimum and simmer for 30 minutes.