500g minced pork
2 rashers of streaky bacon, finely chopped
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1tbsp rice wine
4 spring onions, finely chopped
2 tsps minced ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp cornflour
1 packet of wuntun wrappers (32 skins)
- Mix all of the filling ingredients in a large bowl, mix well, cover, and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take one wrapper, place a sausage-shaped portion of the mixture in the centre (about 1 teaspoon), and shape to form a mini springroll by tucking the edges in, rolling and sealing the final edge with a little water.
- When you have shaped all the dumplings, heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan for which you have a lid, fill the pan with a layer of tightly packed dumplings, turm the heat to medium low, spray the dumplings generously with water, and cover.
- After about five minutes, the dumplings should be cooked underneath and stuck together in a layer. Flip them over by inverting the pan over a plate, then slide the dumplings back into the pan, adding a little more oil if necessary, spray with a little more water, cover the pan, and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until the dumplings are crisply underneath.
- Transfer the cooked dumplings to a plate and serve.
What? No picture
I was sure I had taken loads of pictures of this at every stage, but weirdly enough I can't find them anywhere.