1kg dried haricot beans
1 large onion
4 cloves of garlic
3 well-cured morcillas
3 teaspoons of paprika
6 bay leaves
250g green beans
2 large tomatoes
- Put the beans in a large put, cover with plenty of water, bring to a boil, simmer for 2 minutes, then turn the heat off and leave, covered, for 1.5 hours. Drain, reserving the cooking liquid for use later.
- Peel the carrots and chop into large chunks, and cut the pumpkin, courgettes, beans and tomatoes into large pieces, too.
- Chop the onion finely, fry gently in plenty of olive oil, and add finely chopped
- garlic once the onion is nearly done.
- Add the beans, together with enough of the cooking liquid to cover (keep any remaining liquid in case you need it). Bring to a boil, reduce to minimum, add the morcilla, paprika, bay leaves and a couple of teaspoons of salt, and cover.
- Cook for 30 minutes, then add all the vegetables, and add enough extra water to cover.
- Continue to cook until the beans are completely cooked. (They should be tender, not powdery.)
- Serve with plenty of crusty bread.