Saturday, June 29, 2013

Aubergine dip (baba ghanoush) - microwave version

Summer is here again, and the root vegetables in my veggie box are gradually being replaced by more exotic fare. For the last couple of weeks, this has included a lone aubergine, so I decided to make a quick aubergine dip. I couldn't be bothered with roasting or grilling it, so I thought I would try the microwave instead, and I was really pleased with the results. Unfortunately I seem to have mislaid my photo of it.

Ingredients
1 aubergine
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
handful of chopped parsley
2 tbsps of olive oil

Method

  1. Top and tail and peel the aubergine, cut it into chunks, and cook it on full power in the microwave for 10 minutes.
  2. Combine the cooked aubergine with the other ingredients in a food processor, and blend.


No comments: