Friday, January 25, 2013

Spicy sweet potato, fennel and peanut gratin

This is adapted from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's Veg Everyday! The sweet potatoes and the fennel came in my veggie box and I was a little stumped as to what to do with them until I came across this.



Ingredients
500g sweet potatoes
1 bulb of fennel
125 ml cream
75g good quality peanut butter
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp minced chilli
1 tbsp vegetable oil

Method
  1. Peel and thinly slice the sweet potatoes. Remove the stalks, base and outer layer of the fennel and cut into thin slices.
  2. Mix the cream, peanut butter, salt, chilli and oil. Combine with the sliced sweet potato and fennel in a large bowl, and mix well.
  3. Layer the mixture in a gratin dish, cover with foil and bake at 190oC for 1 hour. Remove the foil and bake for a further 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Woody I. said...

I have never eat sweet potato, but I will as soon as I can.

Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe.

Topslowcookerreviews.com