Saturday, November 27, 2010

Flamenco, Flamenco

I had a cookathon today, producing bread, chicken stock, bolognaise sauce, tomato sauce, tripe with chickpeas, rabbit with olives and some oriental meatballs all in one session. However, it nearly came to a very unpleasant end, as I was sitting in the cinema this evening watching Flamenco, Flamenco, when I suddenly remembered that I had left the bolognaise sauce on. The film was nearly finished and the cinema is only five minutes from home, so I nervily stuck it out to the end, then rushed home expecting the worst. Fortunately, the sauce was on minimum and had barely even begun to stick, its flavours just intensifying nicely after three hours of slow simmering.

1 comment:

Madalen Goiria said...

This is usually the way new recipies come to life, just by shere chance, like your forgetting about the sauce on the fire for longer than you had planned before hand. The slow simmering sounds, and nearly smells, delicious...An uncle of mine told me once that his mother used to cook tomato puree at a very slow fire, for hours and hours till it turn brown and caramelized.Besitos