200 g potatoes
200 g small courgetttes
400 g herring fillet
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
50 g fresh breadcrumbs
- Set the oven to 200oC and grease a baking tray with olive oil. Peel the potatoes, chop them very small and gently sautee them in plenty of olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Chop the courgette finely, add to the potatoes, and continue to sautee for another 5 minutes. Strain off the excess oil from the frying pan, transfer the potato and courgette mixture to a mixing bowl, and mash with a potato masher.
- Skin and finely chop the herring fillet, and add to the potato and courgette mixture.
- Add the parsley, beaten egg and breadcrumbs, season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix very well.
- Put some flour in a separate bowl. With your hands, form the mixture into 8 patties, dredge each with flour on both sides before transferring to the baking tray. Bake for 20 minues, turning over after 10 minutes.
Once again, I had help with this one. At the risk of becoming boring on the subject of cooking and eating with kids, I think it's good to involve children in cooking even if they are not necessarily going to eat the final product.