Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Green beans




Before I got to Bagni di Lucca, I was looking forward to shopping in the local market every Wednesday and Saturday. As it turns out, the ‘market’ is actually just a couple of large fruit and veg stalls, a rosticceria stand, a deli stand (where I bought my porcini) and a slightly odd assortment of hardware and clothes. I got some great green beans at one of the veg stalls. In the UK, green beans are almost always prohibitively expensive and never seem to taste that great so I’ve given up buying them. These ones were absolutely perfect. I just steamed them and dressed them with plenty of olive oil, some lemon juice and some salt.








The walk to market was also good.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow Tim these green beans look so tasty not like the ones I got from sainsburys tonight! maryanne :)